รัฐบาลประเทศเกาหลีใต้ มอบทุนให้นักศึกษาต่างชาติ ประจำปี 2556 (2013 Korean Government Scholarship Program) รวมทั้งประเทศไทย ในระดับปริญญาตรี เปิดรับตั้งแต่วันนี้จนถึง 15 ตุลาคม 2555
1. The objective of the Korean Government Scholarship Program for an undergraduate degree is to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between the countries.
2. Total Number of Scholarships Available: 110 [from 60 countries]
Only those who hold a citizenship of the countries below are eligible for the program.
3. Academic Programs: Undergraduate degree course (4 yrs.) after preliminary Korean Language course (1yr.)
Grantees should take a preliminary Korean language course at the institutiondesignated by NIIED. The institution will be specified in a letter of invitation after the announcement of final successful candidates. Grantees should reach level 3 in TOPIK after the completion of a one-year preliminary Korean language course; otherwise, grantees are not allowed to take a bachelor’s degree course; instead s/he may take an additional 6 month Korean language course WITHIN the scholarship period stipulated in a letter of invitation. The grantees with level 5 or higher in TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) shall begin to take a bachelor’s degree course from 2013 spring semester without the preliminary Korean language course 4. Fields of Study: 4-year undergraduate degree programs provided by the universities below [see 2012 KGSP-U APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION] NOT Applicable: Fields of study which exceed 4 years(e.g. Medicine, dentistry, architecture)
5. Qualifications: Prospective applicant must meet the following qualification criteria;
(1) Must be a citizen of the country to which scholarships are offered, which is also applied to his/her parents
Both applicant and his/her parents must not be a holder of Korean citizenship
(2) Should be under 25 years of age as of March1, 2013 (Should be born after March, 1, 1988)
(3) Have adequate health, both physically and mentally
The handicapped who satisfy the above (3) are also eligible for the program
NOT Eligible: those who are pregnant or who have a severe illness (4) Have graduated or be scheduled to graduate from a high school as of March1, 2013
NOT Eligible: those who have already obtained a bachelor’s degree or a higher degree
(5) Must possess above 80% (out of 100%) cumulative grade point average (C.G.P.A.), or must be within 20% (out of 100%) in the rank during their entire high school period
C.G.P.A. should be 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0 or higher [see Appendix 3]
If applicant’s high school evaluation criteria differs from the stated above, see 7-(2)-⑨ (6) Must not at any time have ever received a Korean government scholarship for an undergraduate course
(7) Must not have enrolled in an undergraduate course in Korea before
NOT Eligible: those who have ever enrolled at a Korean university as a regular or an exchange student
(8) Must have no limitations in travelling abroad
(9) There may be preferential selection for applicants who have proficiency in Korean or English
6. Scholarship Benefits
(1) Scholarship Period: March 1, 2013 ~ February 28, 2018
(2) Scholarship Benefits
Airplane ticket or airfare: The grantees will receive an airplane ticket or be paid an economy class airfare of the shortest route between their country and Korea when they come to Korea, and, thereafter, when they leave Korea after completion of their study.
Monthly Stipend: 850,000 won per month
Tuitions: The tuition fee up to 5 million won is exempted by the Korean Government, and if any, the tuition fee exceeding 5 million won and the entrance fee for the first semester by the host university.
Settlement Allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival
Repatriation Allowance: 100,000 won upon completion of studies
Korean Language Training Expenses: The full costs up to 1 year (NIIED pays directly to the language training institution)
Medical Insurance: The grantees will be provided with health insurance for major accidents and illnesses during their scholarship period.
The grantee who has level 5 or higher in TOPIK will receive 100,000 won per month after being enrolled at a university for his/her higher degree.