DAAD Scholarships 2013/2014 for Postgraduate Courses with Special Relevance to Developing Countries
Application deadline: 31st July 2012
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from Developing Countries with further specialised studies.
The typical scholarship holders will come either from public authorities, state or private companies concerned with national development policies and projects in technological, economic, agricultural and social fields. Therefore, apart from a degree relevant to the postgraduate course, it is required that candidates have at least two years of related professional experience in order to qualify for a scholarship.
For some courses the age limit is 32 or 36; please refer to the course details. Click here for a complete listing (pdf, 1.54 MB) with full information for 2013/2014 or see an overview (pdf, 49.99 KB) here.
Inquiries can be directed to the Embassy as well as to the DAAD Information Center.
Following documents (3 copies) must be submitted in person between 13 – 15 p.m. (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) and 12 a.m. – 13 p.m. (Tuesday and Friday) at the Cultural Section, German Embassy, Bangkok
1) 3x Application form with photo and a cover letter
2) 3x Hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form and see instructions)
3) 3x Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
4) 3x Research plan (if required by the university)
5) 3x Academic letter of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
6) 3x Professional letter of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
7) 3x Confirmation of employment from the employer in home country, and when possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
8) 3x TOEFL (min. 550 points/computer based 213 points/internet based 80) or IELTS (min. band 6) or German language certificate
9) 3x Copies of High School transcript of records – certified by the official authority
3x Copies of B.A./B.Sc. certificate and transcript of records – certified by the official authority
Note: For economic and environmental reasons, please avoid using sheet holders and plastic folders in your application.
Only complete application forms can be accepted!
Deadline: 31st July 2012 at the German Embassy
and forward 1 application to the German University
Application procedure in Thai (pdf, 171.52 KB)