สถานเอกอัครราชทูตสหพันธ์สาธารณรัฐเยอรมันประจำประเทศไทยว่า The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) มีความประสงค์จะมอบทุนการศึกษาและวิจัย Doctoral Candidates and Young Academics and Scientists ประจำปีการศึกษา 2013/2014
DAAD Scholarships 2013/2014 for Doctoral Candidates and Young Academics and Scientists
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers scholarships for post-graduate studies and research to Thai nationals for the academic year 2013/2014. Applicants should be academic staff members of universities or research institutes.
The scholarships are available in every academic field. Applicants must have a Master’s Degree and marks well above average. At the time of application, generally no more than six years should have passed since the graduate gained the last degree; in the case of doctoral students, no more than three years should have passed since starting the doctoral process; and in the case of postdocs, no more than four years should have passed since gaining the doctorate.
Scholarships for ‘Long-term Research’ and ‘Sandwich Scheme’
Applicants from the field of medicine (especially visiting doctors planning to practice temporarily) must submit evidence of a medical science degree, a registered license to practice medicine in Thailand (“approbation”) and a certificate of proficiency. Applicants from the field of dentistry should have 1 – 2 years experience in their work.
The German Embassy wishes to emphasize that applicants ought to attend intensive German language courses, e. g. the German Cultural Institute (Goethe-Institut) prior to their departure.
Note: Research grants for projects of up to six months are not offered for 2013/2014!
The scholarship, which is extendible to several academic years, includes a monthly allowance varying from Euro 750, — to 1,000, — (approx. Baht 30,000.– to 40,000.–) plus tuition fees, etc., in accordance with the applicant’s academic standing. Furthermore, travel expenses to and from Germany, an allowance for German health insurance coverage, as well as initial allowances for clothing and books will be paid by DAAD.
Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists, Study Scholarships for Law Students, Scholarships for Artists and Architects and Re-invitation Programmes for Former Scholarship Holders are currently open to Thai applicants.
Application forms for these scholarships are available at the German Embassy and DAAD Information Center from now on or can be downloaded here.
Applicants are requested to submit their application documents (in English or German) as following:
– 4x Application form with photo and a cover letter (doc, 40.50 KB)
– 4x Biography – typed
– 4x Study- or research plan
– 4x High School transcript of records – certified by the official authority
– 4x B.A. or B.Sc. certificate and transcript of records – certified by the official authority
– 4x M.A .or M.Sc. certificate and transcript of records – certified by the official authority
– 4x German language certificate or English (TOEFL iBT 80/IELTS 6), not older than 2 years
– 4x Confirmation of employment and approval of application by employing agency (if available)
– 2x Recently-dated letter of recommendation (4x each)
– 4x Document of acceptance from a Professor at a German university
For applicants from the field of medicine ‘only’:
– 4x M.D. certificate with Medical Registration (approbation) and certificate of proficiency, D.D.S. or D.V.M. certificate with Medical Registration (approbation) and transcript of records – certified by the official authority
Details of requirements in Thai (pdf, 291.93 KB)
Application deadline: 15th October 2012
Only complete application forms can be accepted in person between 13 – 15 p.m. (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) and 12 a.m. – 13 p.m. (Tuesday and Friday) except weekends, at the Press and Cultural Section of the German Embassy, 9 South Sathorn Rd, Bangkok 10120
Inquiries can be directed to the Embassy as well as to the DAAD Information Center or the DAAD lecturers at the Thai universities.